XAML Islands enables Windows developers to integrate UI components from the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) in their existing Win32 Applications. This includes Windows Forms and also WPF.
In this episode, Alexandre Zollinger Chohfi and Miguel Ramos join us to talk about XAML Islands, and show us how it all plugs together.
- [01:13] – What does XAML Islands offer developers?
- [02:34] – How does XAML Islands engage with other desktop technologies?
- [06:18] – Setting up the XAML host in a WPF application?
- [15:26] – How does data binding between frameworks work?
- [19:13] – What is the best way to learn more ?
- UWP controls in desktop applications
- Using the UWP XAML hosting API in a desktop application
- XAML Island Deep Dive Part 1
- XAML Island Deep Dive Part 2
- Windows Community Toolkit Doc
Integrating UWP components into Win32 applications | On .NET
Source: MSDN Channel 9